Got Ants? Call Brody Brothers for Ant Control in Baltimore, MD
No matter how small and seemingly harmless, ants are not welcome in your home. These uninvited guests build their nests on your premises, use your resources, invade your kitchen, and, sometimes, carry diseases and parasites that can contaminate your food.
Many Ants – Many Solutions
There is no single sure way to get rid of ants, because all ant species are different. Each of them behaves in a certain way and responds better to certain treatments.
Brody Brothers Pest Control have studied ants’ variations, biology and habits, and can easily identify your home invaders. Whether you are looking for commercial or residential pest control in Baltimore, Brody Brothers will provide adequate solutions to all types ants and other insects.
Curious what species of ants you are dealing with? Take a look at these suspects common in Maryland or contact Brody Brothers to schedule a home or commercial pest inspection.
Our Approach to Treating Ant Infestation in Baltimore
We follow the Integrated Pest Management Approach and tailor our treatments depending on the type of ant we are dealing with in homes and businesses around Baltimore.
Here are some general steps included in our residential pest control services:
- Inspect your property and identify the ant species.
- Depending on the species, we will then locate and treat areas of the home and property that are attractive and susceptible to these ants.
- Work with you to eliminate conditions that attract ants to the property.
- Locate the nest(s) both indoors and outdoors and perform targeted treatments.
- Locate and eliminate ant trails and pathways in the home with targeted treatment placements.
No matter how extensive the problem is, Brody Brothers has a program to get rid of ants and keep them out. Just call us if you need help.
Why Trust a Professional When It Comes to Ant Control
There are plenty of ant treatments available on the market these days, but it still pays to hire a professional. When you sporadically apply ant treatments, you risk breaking up the colony, causing it to split or move. You can easily make the problem worse if you don’t know what you are doing.
“Spraying here and there” is not a solution. In fact, we advise our Baltimore customers against using spray to treat ants, especially in the kitchen where the toxins can get on your food preparation surfaces. If you want to fight ants on your own, you can start by being proactive and reducing the chances of ants moving in.
Use These Tips to Deter Ants from Nesting on Your Property:
- Trim all branches and shrubbery that is in contact with your home’s exterior. Ants can use it to bypass the treated perimeter of your home.
- Don’t over-mulch, especially right next to the building – keep it three inches or less.
- Don’t leave tree stumps (or any wood) to decay in your yard
- Try to avoid any situations where wood is in direct contact with the ground or right next to your home.
- Monitor wood decay and replace damaged wood as necessary.
- Keep your kitchen surfaces and your pet’s food bowl clean, wipe spills immediately.
- Monitor indoor humidity and establish a good water drainage system outdoors.
- Get rid of any piles of debris, like leaves, fire wood, and bricks; don’t keep firewood directly on the ground and too close to your home.
- Control plant lice or aphids on your favorite shrubs like rose bushes, peonies and any type of maple.
Have the professionals at Brody Brothers Pest Control take a look at your commercial or residential pest problems. Contact us today for a pest removal estimate or for more information on how to determine what type of ant is in your house.