What areas do you service?
- We service the central Maryland region, including Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Harford County, Carroll County, and Howard County, and the communities in which we operate include – but are not limited to – Pikesville, Baltimore, Roland Park, Towson, Owings Mills, Lutherville Timonium, Cockeysville, Reisterstown, Sykesville, Catonsville, Ellicott City, Marriottsville, Woodstock, Columbia, Clarksville, Highland, Phoenix, Fulton, Laurel, and Westminster.
Does your treatment work?
- We guarantee that you will experience a huge reduction in the mosquito and/or tick populations on your property (85-90 percent) if you use our services. If a seasonal contract holder has a mosquito or tick problem between his/her regularly scheduled treatment service, we will come out to take care of it.
Does post-treatment rain have negative effects?
- Our formula dries within about 30 minutes after deployment and binds to surfaces, making it hard to be washed away. Furthermore, the targeted areas are the undersides of leaves. Both of these facts make it hard for rain to be a significant problem in reducing treatment effectiveness.
What if I treat, but my neighbor doesn’t?
- While it is true that mosquitoes are not held back by fences, our treatment creates a virtual barrier that strongly discourages mosquitoes from entering. Given that mosquitoes are poor fliers, if they do enter, they are likely to rest on a shrub along the outskirts of your property and die shortly after landing to rest or feed on plant glucose.
What types of chemicals do you employ?
- We use both natural and synthetic products, all of which are registered with the EPA.
Can my kids and pets be outside during treatment?
- For our synthetic formulas, children and pets should be kept out of the yard for about 30 minutes after treatment. Although the official instructions for our natural treatment allow for children and pets to be outside during deployment, we recommend keeping them inside until about 30 minutes afterward as well.
Will your treatment harm my garden and plants?
- Our treatment will not harm your landscaping plants. In general, we try to avoid spraying any edible garden vegetables. That said, SWAT Team treatment employs products often used in commercial agriculture. Just as it is widely recommended to properly wash produce that was grown commercially and purchased from a grocery store, so too we recommend that you properly wash your garden vegetables before consumption.
Are you licensed?
- Yes. We have obtained all legally required licenses, and we are insured.
When will I know you’re coming?
- We will remind you at least 24 hours before your previously scheduled treatment. If you need to reschedule for any reason but forget to do so prior to our email or call, let us know at this point.
Do I need to be home during the treatment(s)?
- No, you don’t have to be home. We will simply leave you a notice informing you that we have completed your scheduled service.
Do I need to schedule your service every 21 days?
- Once you have established a contract with us, there is no need to continuously schedule our service every 21 days. We will send you an email to notify you of when we will come to administer your treatment, and we will leave a notice on your door afterwards (if you are not at home at the time).
Should I rely on the information on brodyswatteam.com to determine whether I have a vector-borne disease?
- Absolutely not. Talk to a doctor if you are worried you, someone else, or a pet has contracted a vector-borne disease. We do not claim to be a definitive source of medical information, and we do not claim to have complete or authoritative lists or descriptions of symptoms or information on treatment.
Are you guys cool?
- Yes. We are most definitely awesome.