House mice in Maryland are very resourceful animals, as you might have noticed. They are small enough to fit through the tiniest hole, fast enough to travel unnoticed, and as long as you have food, they have it too. The problem is that mice can produce up to 35 young a year.
And while these mice might seem small and harmless, house mice can cause a lot of damage to your property and health:
- Their droppings can contaminate your food and food preparation areas
- They can carry salmonella and other diseases, as well as bring fleas, ticks and lice into your home
- They can cause damage to insulation, drywall, food supplies and other items
- The wires they chew can lead to house fires
How to Know If You Have a Mouse Problem
If you think you have a mouse problem in your home but aren’t sure, check and see if you notice any of these signs:
- Black rice-shaped droppings in cabinets, closets or other dark, secluded spaces
- Damaged food packaging in your pantry or stockpile
- Piles of food, such as pasta or dog food, stashed in odd places
- Scratching noises behind the walls or inside the ceiling
Trapping (or poisoning) mice is the means of population control, but it doesn’t solve the underlying problem – mice getting into your home. These pests can enter through foundations cracks, gaps around piping and windows, and virtually any hole the size of a pencil. Believe it or not, if its skull fits, the entire mouse can fit.
Our Mice Control Process
- Our exterminators inspect the outside of your home and seal any openings that may serve as entry point for mice.
- We help you identify all food sources and work with you to remove or make them inaccessible to the rodents.
- We place traps, rodent bait, or other treatments close to where the mice are living or feeding, yet inaccessible to your children and pets.
Our trained exterminators will leave you with a fact sheet to help you better understand the pest you are dealing with and how to keep it away in the future.
Call us today to talk about a tailored home protection plan designed to rid your home of mice and prevent future infestations.
As a Home Protection Plan customer, if you’re not satisfied with our pest control service, we will service your home at no additional cost until your issue is solved or receive your money back from your last scheduled service.
By taking these preventative steps, you can lower your chance of having mice take over your home:
- Don’t leave food out on the tables and counter tops.
- Keep the floor clean from crumbs.
- Store food supplies in rodent-proof containers.
- Make sure the kitchen trash can has a lid and is tightly sealed.
- Keep areas like basement and garage free of clutter.
- Trim back trees and bushes from overhanging or touching your home.
Why Choose Brody Brothers for Mice Control in Baltimore, MD?
We have been servicing Baltimore’s pest control needs for over 30 years! Instead of do it yourself pest control, we provide professional, safe and effective pest control to your home and family.
Now in its second generation of pest control specialists, Brody Brothers has grown into one of the best pest control companies around the Greater Baltimore Area.
Contact us online today if mice have become a nuisance or give us a call at (410) 653-2121 to schedule mice removal in the Baltimore area.
Not the right mouse? Check out our Mice and Rats page to correctly identify the pest in your home.