Cockroaches can be a resilient pest, and they are common throughout the Baltimore area, even in impeccably clean buildings. They can often find their way into your home by stowing away in grocery bags, packages, or used furniture, as well as crawling through holes in your foundation or openings in exterior walls.
If you see one roach, there is a good chance there are many more, and to avoid the health risks they represent, it is a good idea to call a professional immediately.
Since 1984, our team at Brody Brothers Pest Control has been helping homeowners and businesses in Maryland control a wide range of pests, including cockroaches, spiders, rodents, and more. We feature highly trained, experienced staff that employ a multi-step approach to pest control, using the latest treatment solutions and procedures to ensure safe, effective removal of most common household pests.
Have you spotted roaches in or around your home or business? Contact Brody Brothers today at (410) 653-2121 to schedule cockroach control in Baltimore, MD!
Signs That You Have a Cockroach Problem in Baltimore
With their tendency to forage for food at night after all the lights are out, cockroaches can be somewhat difficult to spot. Here are a few ways to determine if you have a cockroach problem in your Baltimore home:
- Roach sightings, especially at night just after lights are turned on
- Trails of mouse-like droppings with ridges on the sides
- Red or brown egg casings in dark areas like basements, crawlspaces, or under cabinets
- Increased allergy symptoms
- Musty odors
If you suspect a roach problem, contact our team at Brody Brothers Pest Control for cockroach control services in Baltimore or the surrounding areas.
What Causes Cockroach Infestations?
Cockroaches are attracted to spilled food, dirty dishes, decaying organic debris, pet waste, and even furniture glues and soaps. They are relatively small and can be carried home in grocery bags, boxes, clothing, backpacks, furniture, or any other items that are transported from an infested location. Once they arrive in your Baltimore home, they can easily locate a food source and breed extremely quickly, with up to six generations produced in a year. The most common household roach is the German cockroach, followed by the American and Oriental varieties.
At Brody Brothers, we have the experience to locate and remove cockroach infestations in a fast, professional manner. We use a multi-step approach that includes:
- Finding and sealing entry points
- Identifying and eliminating attractants, including food sources
- Using targeted treatments in nesting locations and elsewhere in your home
We offer a convenient, cost-effective Home Protection Plan, which includes quarterly treatments that are effective against numerous pests in your Baltimore home, including cockroaches, spiders, ants, bees, rodents, and more. Contact us today to sign up!
As a Home Protection Plan customer, if you’re not satisfied with our pest control service, we will service your home at no additional cost until your issue is solved or receive your money back from your last scheduled service.
With the ability to carry over 30 types of disease-causing organisms, including bacteria, viruses, and parasitic worms, it is important to avoid cockroach infestations whenever possible. Here are a few tips that can help:
- Seal all openings in your foundation and exterior walls
- Inspect bags, packages, furniture, and other items before bringing them inside
- Clean dirty dishes, food spills, and pet food debris promptly to eliminate food sources
- Avoid buying used furniture without thorough inspections
- Remove decaying leaves, grass, and other debris from your yard
If the problem continues, contact our team at Brody Brothers for cockroach control in Baltimore.